Liberty Margaret spent nearly 5 years with us before she received
permanent Angel Wings, teaching us what life is truly
about,showing us the true definition of courage,hope,
love and faith. These are the memories that live in
our hearts forever.

1.14.2011

Libby Lessons

Today as we were crossing the Richmond bridge Mike said "Oh no this is the bridge you hate". It took me a minute to think back and remember all the times I had closed my eyes, hands clenched, labored breathing, in complete fear. My fear of water always took over when I could see it through the cracks on the roadway. Today not one ounce of fear. I do not fear death the least bit. In fact one of my goals is to make it to Heaven. Of course I do not want to die, but I am no longer afraid. Libby taught me that there can be peace in death. That if I walk around worrying about this or that I really am not living at all. All the things that use to make me second guess I am now doing. All my fears were silly compared to the big plan of things. It's amazing how much Libby taught me. I think I'm pretty lucky for all the Libby Lessons I got :)

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

2 comments:

  1. That beautiful little girl taught us all some pretty strong lessons! Jax and I send hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Libbys Mom,

    reading about your little girls story is very difficult for me. That is because I was born with pulmonary atresia 37 years ago. Somehow I made it to my 8th birthday and than underwent a kind of surgery that was totally new and just a try and error by than.
    I had to have two mor open heart surgerys and one emergency surgery. I was never completly healed but palliated. My Oxygensaturation is 82-85% percent when I am sitting still. If I move it drops to the mid 60%s.
    Reading your and Libbys story, I have to imagine my parents and it makes me wonder, why in all of my friends with heart defects I am still alive today.
    Mothers do an amazing job by raising their children and I think you did the hardest thing ever done by letting your girl go.
    Sorry for the random thoughts but I felt like I had to share them.
    If you want to talk or contact me anytime in the future my e-mail-adress is julia.flesch(at)web.de
    Cordially yours
    Julia

    ReplyDelete