Some children will never learn to talk, but their personality still shines right through. If they do learn to talk, that personality is validated. This memory is about Libs journey into becoming a non stop chatter :)
Libby was 4 years old, in the hospital on the regular floor, following an open heart surgery. At this point she would only speak very few words. We had received a surgery package filled with goodies from Saving Little Hearts. Libby reached into the bag and pulled out a red foam heart, she excitedly said "Heart". In shock we asked her "how do you know that?", In a matter of fact tone she replied "I know my heart!". From that moment forward she never stopped talking. She had known her numbers, shapes, animals. Her knowledge was extremely impressive. From the day Liberty was born I had explained everything possible to her. Her medications and why she needed them. Where we were going or what we were doing. I even explained feelings to her. I started that at day one because I wanted her to know that it was okay to feel angry and sad about her medical treatments but that we have to find healthy outlets for it. I explained feelings very often. I may have over done it but I think her knowledge made her the considerate person she was. Through words her personality was confirmed and I spent hours upon hours laughing each day. I definitely think she is voted as funniest Angel above.

Funniest, cutest, and most brave! Thats what my Angel Libby is!! Miss you baby girl!
ReplyDelete